Monday, October 20, 2008

Pumpkin Patch Fun times 2!






We went to A, umm I mean two pumpkin farms.. this weekend.

The first claimed great pony rides.. okay we are sold. We went to Overland Park and HUGE disappointment. Because they were having a huge "party" that we could PAY to go to that night, no ponies.. Sarah cried. I don't blame her. I wanted to too. The kids were really looking forward (all week) to ride a pony for 5 whole minutes.

God is so sweet. Yes, sweet. Sarah collected herself and I offered to go into the "park" (the most commercialized pumpkin patch i have ever seen).. They should just name it a petting zoo. Anyways, the kids enjoyed seeing a couple animals and I broke down and gave them quaters to get that nasty pellet machine to spurt out germs to fed the goats... Then we were trying to take a long far off shot of the ponies. A college age girl came up and asked if she could help us. I told her the story and she said, come with me.. So although the kids didn't get a pony ride, they did get to pet the horse and ponies.

Thank you God for caring so much that you put balm on my daughters heart.

The next day we went to Westo*n Red B*arn Farm. It too was a bit commercialized but we LOVED it. Sarah said, now THIS is a real Farm. :O)

We had pony rides, a tractor pull to the patch, picked pumpkins and a treat in the "store"... a 50 cent lollipop :O)

Enjoy the photos. This is my favorite season. I love being on farms (germs and all) and my kids had a great time.

No comments: