Friday, October 17, 2008

GOD IS AT WORK

there are so many things that i want to say.. how do i say them? so hang on here we go.. my past two days.
Last night as Bob got in his truck to go out hunting, the "check engine light" came on.. geesh. I told him to not worry about it :O) and just go.. he did but that night we dropped off his truck to be "fixed" the next day.
Today I received the call that not only once brought me to tears and my knees but twice.
1647$ is the total to fix his truck. say WHHAHAAAT? I cried. I said, but we are adopting and that is so much. (i have a habit of blurting out private info! ) He said, i am so sorry but that is the total. okay, thank you.
I cried, I prayed. I sat in a stupor.
Bob's truck is paid off. We had purchased a couple years ago an extended warranty.. it ran out in June (found out in the phone call). go figure.. however, how could God show his hand if the warrenty was still in effect?
I had an excellent conversation with Charlene http://www.yourgraceisenough.com/ or http://www.themiracleofthemoment.blogspot.com/ she and I built each other up for the day and had some laughs.
I went blogging and was reading some blogs.. we all seem to be in the same boat. I felt sad. We all need those last thousand dollars to bring home our children. At Stef's blog she has raised 17 thousand for her adoption and now has raised over 5 thousand for her sister. God is good.
At Kathy's blog she has raised over 200 for her adoption and desperately needs more. Please go read her story. http://www.bringinghomerachel.blogspot.com/
So here I was praying about money and the phone rang. Literally. It was the service man and he started talking.. Ms Shelton, I can't get a hold of your husband. i left word (at this point i sat down and held my breath - how much more is he going to add on ??) Then James said, " i found a way to knock OFF $516 dollars from your bill.
I lost it. I started to sob. still am. He says are you okay.. I said i am better than okay. th th thannnkk you soooooo much. this means sooooo much..
He then couldn't take my sobbs and heavy breathing so he said "okay ms shelton, i will call you when it is done"
PRAISE TO GOD FOR HIS GOODNESS and ALWAYS being there.
Are you just in awe ? I am.

1 comment:

Blessed Mom of Four AND More said...

Praise the LORD for His hand!
Praying He soon sends miracle upon miracle for bringing Drew home.
Thank you for always being ready to encourage me and others along the way.
Love ya',
Robbie