Monday, October 13, 2008

100 things about me... oh brother!

1. I am dieing to cut my hair short but am too chicken.. my husband loves short hair- weirdo
2. i love my jeans or khakis paired with a long sleeve fitted T (my husband says that is NOT a style? whaaaat you say? huh?)
3. I dislike wearing make-up but sold Mary K*y successfully for 4 years (i just stopped - my vision changed)
4. I lost 65 pounds 4 years ago and kept it off until I was waiting for our son Daniel to come home... gained back 25...
5. I tipped the scales at 215 the week before I delivered our first born..
6. I have never had a lot of close friends.. just lots of acquaintances
7. I have had 4 miscarriages, that included 5 babies (twins) and loss 2 domestic adoptions.. one child in our home for almost a year (totaling seven children)
8. I am a germ-a-phobic BIG TIME
9. My favorite thing to say is "Seriously?? Seriously?" you have to say it twice.
10.I wash my hands at least 10 times while cooking or baking. and hand sanitzer the other 50 times...
11. I can't stand cats. probably b/c they close up my throat and i can't breathe.
12.I had a water baptism at 12 y/o when I lived in the Philippines. My nanny led me to the Lord.
13. 4 months after (see #12) my parents split up. I lost both my earthly father and Heavenly - b/c I stopped believing/trusting in His goodness.
14. at 14, I was angry.
15. at 15, I got a new dad (my stepdad). He is great by the way.
16. at 16 I started changing my life around. Then there was Tara (my new best friend!enough said - hehehe we still talk)
17. at 17, Decided to go to college and I left my "old" friends. First long term boyfriend that my best friend hated.. go figure.
18. at 18, I actually graduated and was accepted into college.. my parents moved to California.. we were in Va and that is where I went to college. I never went home - to live- again.
19. I have had every hair color known to man.
20. I studied and graduated with a BS degree in Psychology and Criminal Justice.
21. I worked night shift as a Mental Health Counselor in a Psych Hospital for almost 3 years. I loved it!
22. I started attending church b/c the guy I dated went to church. THANK YOU to him. (not talking of my husband...)
23. I taught kindergarten in an inner city school and LOVED it.
24. I started attending Va Tech for graduate school.
25. I met Bob there and we were engaged 9 months later... that lasted 2 1/2 years.. thanks mom Shelton... geesh. - just kidding :O)
26. Bob is three years YOUNGER than me.. hehehhe
27. At the age of 21 I called my dad - my bio dad. I hadn't spoken to him since I was 12ish. It was the beginning to heal a broken relationship.
28. I was an officer in the Air Force.. in charge of a 200 million dollar vehicle fleet on a F-15 AF base.
29. I fell out of an airplane, off the ramp while loading a plane.. hey, it was 3 am whatdaya expect?
30. I was a trained and certified load master :O) it wasn't my main job but man was it fun.
31. I rode in an F-15 strike eagle at Seymour Johnson AFB for being awarded Officer of the Quarter. it was a two hour practice combat/sorty mission.
32. I puked and then dry heaved for 1 hour and 40 minutes of that ride (see #31) and was green for 2 days. a new found respect for them...
33. I love to take classes. I am addicted to them. any type of class.
34. i had four years of infertility. then 4 years of getting pregnant but not able to hold a pregnancy.. go figure.
35. I am thankful for those days b/c they brought me to the Cross.
36. At 29 years of age, I surrendered to the Lord and started living my life for Him.
37. I attended my first bible study that Fall. :O) Hooked on b/s ever since.
38. 6 months after falling in Love with Jesus, I got pregnant with Sarah. On new years eve.. in my mothers house .. eeeww a little gross. eh?
39. I haven't drank any alcohol since I found out I was pregnant with Sarah in jan 2000. I don't desire it.
40. I home school our children and love it. what was taking me so long! i am on our third official year.
41. I love China and the people of China.
42. We were licenced foster parents in 2 states. Not a day goes by that I don't think of the children that came to our home.
43. I love orphans. not that they are orphans but my heart loves them as Jesus loves them.
44. I am crazy in love with bob.
45. I am completely in Awe of "adoption". Both how God has adopted us into His family and then handpicks each child into our earthly families. I also believe this true of bio kids.. both a miracle in their own stories.
46. I am smitten with our children. I adore them. i love them so much.
47. I hate missing Church.
48. I have walked on the Great Wall 3 times and getting ready for the 4th.
49. God has saved my life 3 times( I have almost died 3 times, with one time the doctor telling Bob to say his goodbyes to me) 4 if you are counting salvation.
50.I had a full hysterectomy at age 34 1/2. On my stinking wedding anniversary! I have never felt better!
51. I am only half way down and feeling that I have nothing else to say.. :O)
52. I love books. I have so many books and have about 3 or 4 going at once.
53. I graduated from Grad school.. Va Tech.. Vocational and Technical Education with Special Needs. (think school- to- work and testing kids with SN)
54. I desire to go to China and stay for a while... to work with the orphanages.
55. i have a desire to go back to school to study something in religious/bible/missionary studies.. along side my husband
56. As much as I want to see the face of Jesus, I also want to see my grand- kids one day.. but I don't want to see my kids grow up too fast...
57. i really want a puppy for Christmas... a small dog this time around..
58. I was president on a school board many moons ago..
59. I am a pack-rat... which leads to..
60. I have tons of clutter.. drives bob mad!
61. I love deeply.
62. I trust to easily
63. I have a "sensitive heart".
64. when i was puking in the toilet for 26 weeks about 10 times a day.. from my pregnancy with Sarah.. in between pukes. i would sing praises to God. bob would gag :O) from the smell. I lost 20 pounds in my 1st trimester.
65. I love sappy movies
66. i am addicted to popcorn at the movie theater.
67. i have lived in 18 places since I was born. 13 different states, and 1 country outside the US
68. I always wanted a tree house.
69. My family use to own/ride horses and i did so until my junior year in college.
70. I, surprising, enjoy geo-caching.
71. I am an indoor kinda girl.. scrapbooking, quilting, cooking, baking...
72. In college, bob and I took ballroom dancing.
73. bob and i use to swing dance and he could flip me.. fun stuff..until later when he dropped me to my knees.. hehehe we haven't tried that since..
74. I stay cold.. except when i have a hot flash. seriously.
75. i hate hate hate dusting...
76. i like staying up late.. really late..
77. i love to shop.. anyone need a personal shopper?
78. i don't love to exercise.. i do it for my children
79. i love to be crazy with my kids and watch them laugh at me
80. I start many projects only to be sidetracked.. many many times
81. i have been paid for the quilts I have made.. I use to customize orders..
82. I haven't made a quilt in over 3 years.. it became very obsessive.. so I had to put it down for a bit..
83. i miss it
84. i will talk to anyone who is interested in adoption
85. i have to have a list
86. i am lost without my calendar
87. i love to read other peoples blogs
88. i have a hard time keeping my mouth shut with kids who are rude to their parents and are disobedient .. trying to learn meekness..
89. bob and i watch 'jon and kate +8' :O))) hehehee
90. i love taking field trips
91. i took my first mission trip last year, with sarah (and my sweet girlfriend and her daughter)
92. i have vivid dreams that come true (the first one I remember is of my parents divorce - i dreamt of the room where they were telling us, and what everyone was wearing and where everyone was sitting.. it came to be.. fast forward several dreams and years.. i dreamt that my best friend was in a car accident while riding her bike and it happen 3 weeks later. fast forward over many dreams.. and in the Fall of 2006 I dreamt of our sons face.. we were waiting on Daniel then and I dreamt of drew. He was born then. rest of story to follow later)
93. i don't allow our children to participate in Halloween activities. harvest is fine, pumpkins ect..
94. i have birthday WEEKS.. my husband had learned to pacify me during this time :O)
95. i hate water parks..but go b/c the kids love them.. germ infested things.. the parks and kids..
96. i have 3 sisters
97. i am an American idol junkie
98. i can sign. i love sign language.
99. i am learning Chinese..
100.. i am forever grateful for the grace and mercy of a loving God that never turned His back on me when I wondered. I am forever grateful for His son and the gift of salvation. I am forever grateful that He kept me safe during all those turbulent years. I am forever grateful that I am His.

3 comments:

Charlene said...

Thank you! I learned so much about you. Wow! You've led quite a life. Lot's to comment on, but too much for here, I'll email you!

Mom to my China Posse said...

Wow! I learned alot about you. You have did so many intersting things. I didn't know you quilt? I have always wanted to learn and in fact owe 3 of my 4 girls a 100 wish quilt. Thanks for sharing .

Kathy

Terry said...

Wow, I came to tag you but you did more than enough work here! Terry