Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Referral Day 4 years ago... and 8 years ago

Today marks a huge moment in our lives.. September 9th 2000, I was gleefully admitted to a hospital in Grand Forks ND to birth our first child. I was anxious, grateful and very excited to finally see her precious face. I will never forget the time spent- 36 hours- in labor and finally an emergency C-section to get Sarah Grace to come into this world! But honestly, it was worth it.. every bit of 26 weeks of puking so hard and much that my MIL had to come up to take care of me..that I lost 20 pounds in my first trimester :O( then preterm labor at 32 weeks that put me on a every three hour med (trib)around the clock to keep her in for just a weebit more.. Then two weeks early weighing in at a whopping 8 pounds 4.5 ounces (good thing she didn't wait 2 more weeks~ouch!) Finally, on September 11, 2000 I fell more in love than I had ever experienced. I praise God for the opportunity to carry a child to term. For allowing me to have my desire to be a mom. For hearing my pleas and cries and granting me what I don't believe was in the plan but yet He found mercy and heard the prayers of MANY. It was then I truly began to believe in the power of prayer. It was 14 mos since I gave my heart to my Lord and it was amazing.

Four years later, my heart was moved again. My desire had been to have so many children.. yet it just wasn't so. Or so I thought.. On September 9th, 2004 - time stood still as my girlfriend and I (and our husbands :O)) experienced God's love and plan for our lives.. we saw our daughters for the first time. We went through our adoption together and it was God who brought us together. Miranda you are precious to me. It was 7:34 in the morning and the phone rang.. our SW said, Jill you have a daughter. I fell to the floor. I remember gathering all the information.. Sarah was still asleep, and so I called Bob to share the news that he too was going to "have a baby" in 5 weeks. Her b-day was the next day... she was turning one! Sarah woke up and I called my dearest friend Christy (I probably called my mom too but honestly I don't' know what order i made the calls.. oops). I wasn't even dressed when Christy said I will be right over.. I love her! I heard her come through my front door and I came literally bouncing and screaming around the corner.. she has it all on video and it is a hoot to watch.. me with no hair brushed.. in my p.j.'s elated that Sarah had a sister! It was then, on film that I told Sarahgrace.. her reaction was priceless and forever etched in my mind. I tear up just thinking of that day.. I waited so long to be a mom again.. we have so many babies in heaven waiting on us.. it was healing.
That day we went to our agencies office to see her and sign papers excepting her as our daughter. I can't begin to describe how emotional that day was. It was relief, happiness, over-the-top-joy, giddiness, forgetfulness, running in circles and going no-where-ness, sorrow in knowing she had to have loss in order to be part of our family, can't wait to get my hands on her - ness.. and more.
So today, I am sure I will get sappy.. b/c my two daughters share the same "labor/referral" day.. and they have brought so much joy into our lives.
Wed is Sophia's 5th birthday and Thursday is SarahGrace's 8th.. What a happy week for us..
oh. and Drew will be two years old next week :O)
Thank you Lord for the blessings and miracle children in our life. may I always love them like you love them, treat them as you treat me and encourage them the way you have been my cheerleader. Lord, thank you for these children, my gifts from you. They are so precious to me and i am so grateful that you keep trusting me to be their mom. I am overwhelmed with emotion that you continue to trust me and allow me to raise your gifts... thank you thank you thank you...

4 comments:

redmaryjanes said...

We are very blessed as mothers. I cannot believe the priviledge I have been given to be the mother of my children and be allowed to help guide them through this life.

Wolfes Home said...

What a special day for you all! Very neat to read about. It's amazing how God works through different circumstances in our lives to bring us such joy.

Carla said...

What sweet memories...thanks for sharing ;-)
I really like your header photo! Great idea ;-)

Blessings,
Carla

Table for Six said...

Carla, feel free to copy away :O) I am sure I didn't think of that one on my own - LOL
jill