Thursday, September 11, 2008

Happy Birthday to our first born..

Today is a day both of great joy and sadness. Eight years ago, as I laid in an excellent room overlooking a perfect view I held this little 8 1/2 pound beautiful baby girl that we had begged, pleaded and prayed to have. I was alone that night, and it was peaceful. I held her up to the window to show her the harvest moon. It was huge and the most intricate color of orange and red with some brown. I nursed her that night by the moons light and it was surreal. It was this side of Heaven. It was my deepest desire to be a mom.
Sarah Grace you have brought so much joy in our lives. I am so grateful I am your mom. As much as i don't want you to grow up.. I am excited and proud of the girl you are and look forward to the plan God has for your life.

The day you turned ONE, our country changed. That Tuesday morning, your grandma and Great Aunt Mary, Daddy and I were watching the news and saw a tragic event unfolding.. because we were out of sorts from the events of 9/11 - we forgot to close the gate and down you went.. we spent the rest of the morning at the hospital.. it was a crazy day.. a day of celebrating your first birthday and a day of sorrow, grief and bewilderment.
We still pray for the lives lost, changed and our government/soldiers whom protect. It is a day we will never forget.
So at this time I would like to say thank you to all who serve and protect. To the families who wait at home and the parents who raised our soldiers. God bless you all.

1 comment:

Carla said...

Happy Birthday Sarah Grace! You are beautiful! I hope you enjoyed your day ;-)