Friday, November 14, 2008


WOW. I was nominated for the Honest Weblog Award! How humbling is that! VERY. If you haven't been over to Barbie's Blog, you must! She gave me the shout out. She is an amazing woman, mom and friend!
Here are the rules that you agree to when you accept this marvelous award:
“When you receive the prize you must write a post showing it, together with the name of who has given it to you, and link them back. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in their content or design. Show their names and links and leave them a comment informing they were prized with ‘Honest Weblog’.List [if you can and/or dare] at least ten honest things about yourself. And then, pass it on.”
Okay, here are my 7 nominees.. and if I didn't get you this time.. I will do my best if I get a shout out again.. I hope I don't hurt any feelings!
yea.. uummm.. can't remember how you just put the name and then it links so i just put the whole link :O))))
you will not be disappointed once you visit these sites! you might be when you come back to mine though! eheheheh
Ten honest things about me... hhmmmm
1. I did modeling work in New York (for a company in Japan) while in high school and college and won Seventeen magazine's face of the 80's but didn't go on to win the grand prize.
2. I smoked cigarettes (a pak a day) since I was 13ish and continued until I was 23. ugly habit and smelly!
3. I love to cook and bake... love love love it
4. I am a laundry snob. I have to have my clothes coming out of the dryer smelling really good and they have to stay that way for at least a week (like my towels and sheets).
5. When I lost all my weight (at one point down to 116 pounds) , I think I was a little anorexia. I prided my self in fitting into children's clothes.. umm my children. I took it too far (see #1) until my husband told me I looked sick and to gain weight!
6. i am addicted to movies and popcorn
7. I want a new car every 2 years.. and for the last many years have been able to get them at ZERO percent financing.. which doesn't help me crave that yearning..
8. I know I will live in China one day.
9. my husband just agreed (this week) to allow me to travel to China every other year to do mission work- YEA GOD!
10. I love reality tv... rachel ray (okay i am counting cooking shows!), survivor, american idol, dancing with the stars, amazing race, ect.. you get the idea.. heheheh
Now its time to go over to barbie, and the others to see their lists! :O)

3 comments:

redmaryjanes said...

Thank you so much! What a cool way to start my day!
Hmm...I'll have to think about what I'm going to post.

Gwen Oatsvall said...

10 honest things ... whew this could get scary for me ... hee hee ... i will have to think on it and then remember my children can read this one day ...

thanks for always visiting ... you put a smile on my face w/ your comments ...

Barbie said...

Thanks for playing along!! I feel like I know you so much better now. I would LOVE to go to China to volunteer in an orphanage. I dream of doing that one day.