Monday, July 21, 2008

a pit in my stomach

I would like to ask for prayer for my family and the updated addendum needed since we moved.
We have to repeat the criminal checks, fingerprinting and child services background check. This all cost money.
Then we have to have a one page addendum stating that we moved.. it will cost 600 dollars here in KS. The agency that we contacted said they needed to do a full update. WHY??? in my opinion, so they can charge 600 and justify it.
another agency said 400 but charges 150 dollars to come out (trip charge) so basically 550.
We have to to have it done.. we have no choice.. my heart sank when I received our calls today. Especially after just having to have and pay for an "update" b/c our homestudy was 7 months old. just weeks before we moved.. but that "had" to be done in order for them to submit it to China..

God knew all this. I continue to trust him. I would ask for wisdom and guidance in your prayer time. Both for which agency to go to and for us to budget properly for the hefty fee that we "have" to pay.
They get you coming and going don't they! They are charging more than half of what my entire 12 page homestudy was and for only one page.. pray for my heart not to be mad.. or frustrated..
I just want to cry.

1 comment:

Alice said...

Jill,

That stinks. They do get you coming and going. It sounds like us and our 3 moves. The AF does make adoption hard. We are TRANsient...you know.

Will be praying.

Alice