Monday, August 25, 2008

SO much ..

has happen over the past few days.. :O)

I learned through another blog and friend that CA's (consulate appts) are booking into October.. sigh. I keep repeating and believe that God is bigger than that and can get us an appt any time He wants. amen. I would love to spend Drew's birthday with him...
I after pouring out my heart to our Lord (again :O)) I not only received two photos of Drew through a friend's friend.. whom went to the SWI last November on a missions trip. oohhh it is so sweet to see my child's face.. I so desire to hold him and chase him and love on him... what a blessing from the Lord!
After swim team practice (seriously you did't think for me right! ;O)) with Sarah Grace, we checked the mail and the most AMAZING NECKLACE was there.. it is BEAUTIFUL. It says in chinese, Faith, Hope and Love !!!!! from 1Cor 13.13 Enclosed was a card with well wishes and prayers offered. I was flabergasted and in awe of our awesome God who takes care of every detail and gently takes care of our needs.
Last we just got an email from our agency saying they fully expect the SWI (orphanage) fees to GO UP>> from 3000 to 5000. I should say two things about this.. one is in the regulations (US and China) it has stated for YEARS that they could charge from 3000 to 5000 for that specific fee. So it is of no surprise. And for us, we have only had to pay the 3000 for each Daniels and Sophia adoption SWI fee. The second part is that I "planned on paying" the 3000 to the original SWI and giving a major amount of money to the SWI where Drew is now (staying somewhere else while he had surgery ect). ugh.
My good friend Wendy who is also an awesome Pampered Chef guru said she would do a fundraiser for us. this is her site. Please consider purchasing items.. maybe a b-day gift, Christmas gift or something special for yourself that you can now say is benefiting you and Drew! All you have to do is let her know it is a purchase under "bringing home Drew" our last name is Sheltons. She is prepared to give to our adoption fund all proceeds from this fundraiser - that is so huge and very kind of her!
http://www.pamperedchef.biz/wendystaub
once you place an order, you will see a link to "host".. BRINGING HOME DREW - is the HOST name.

No comments: