Monday, August 18, 2008

I forgot...

I completely forgot to get a "100 wishes quilt" started! YIKES.

If you want, please send me a 12 x 12 - 100% cotton quilt square with a note of whatever you want to say/wish/prayer to/for Drew so I can put that in Drew's book.

The square can be anything you want (style wise). If you want to participate send me a note and I will get you my address.

AND if you are doing a quilt, then I can send you one back if you wish!

Here is the 911 on wish quilts;
http://www.tolmanstuff.com/page/page/4284053.htm

What is a 100 Good Wishes Quilt?

To welcome and celebrate a new life, there is a tradition in the northern part of China to make a Bai Jia Bei, or 100 Good Wishes Quilt. It is a custom to invite friends and family to contribute a patch of cloth with a wish for the baby. Part of the patch of cloth goes into the quilt for the baby, and the other part of the cloth can go into a creative memory notebook with the wish for the child. The quilt contains the luck, energy, and good wishes from all the families and friends who contributed a piece of fabric. The quilt is then passed down from generation to generation.

1 comment:

redmaryjanes said...

Ok guys, I know this is crazy, but the decision was just made today on Tuesday at 5:20 pm to head out to legends. We are going to the dinosaur restaurant. Don't worry at all about making it since this is crazy late notice. But we will be there tonight, just us with Eli. Even though it's a long shot, I have to let you know on the off chance you are in the area.

We would love to meet you but are booked the rest of the week with relatives.

: )