Saturday, March 28, 2009

grateful, thankful and humbled







do you ever wonder why ... sometimes I do.. sometimes I don't.. I am not going to tell you I don't think about why Drew was born with bi-lateral club feet.. and how humbled I feel to be his mom. I often wonder why God would trust us again with a child that is so amazing.. I wonder if I will mess him up ! :O) I wonder why we were chosen to be a family. I wonder why God blesses my family time and time again ... then I feel very grateful, very thankful and I am brought to my knees in awe of the one who knit us in our mothers womb.. who knew us first.



I received a CD of photos of Drew. The first one is dated a few days before Christmas in 2006. We brought Drew home a few days before Christmas in 2008. I am posting him at 3 months old and his club feet. They are precious. They are broken. They are what brought him to us.



Then i am posting a 'today' photo. showing his feet again. The perfect, straight, smelly feet of our son.



God is ... He is .. I am without words to describe the swell in my heart for my son and the God I love. I am without words b/c none can explain the way I feel for the opportunities now available to Drew. I am without words to thank our maker, our healer, our gracious Lord.



I am amazed and full of joy for God giving doctors the expertise in manipulating a limb.. I am grateful to God for it working on Andrew. I am grateful for this little child.

6 comments:

Mom to my China Posse said...

Amazing indeed! Thanks for sharing Drews's precious pictures.

kjstet said...

I'm so happy you are doing so well with Drew. He looks so happy as does his mommy. You talk of him just the way I feel about my sweet boy. We miss you on the cop yahoo group try not to be such a stranger.
Joy

Confessions of a Mom said...

Ahh. Jill, I loved your post. His baby pics are so cute! You are a lucky momma. I feel that way too.

Blessed Mom of Four AND More said...

Oh, my sister, I hear your heart. God is so good. Of course, I wonder why Ellie was born with spina bifida, but I also know that is what brought her to us.
I know that I am one abundantly blessed mama!
Love ya',
Robbie

redmaryjanes said...

All I can say is Amen. God is good. And he chose you because you are Drew's mother...from the beginning of time.

Dawn said...

I sit here in China crying. Thanks alot! I love your heart and I love how God knew He was designed to be your son! Your family has alot to be grateful. may He continue to bless you as you have faithfully taken in His orphans.